Sunday, February 7, 2010
SNOW!!!
We got an amazing amount of snow over the past 2 days. Ironically, I was planning on going skiing yesterday, but was snowed in. Today the sun is out, so I decided to try again. After spending about an hour digging my car out, I made it about 4 miles from my house when I decided driving much further was not going to be a good idea. The main roads didn't look much better than mine. So for two days in a row now, there has been too much snow for me to skiing! Kinda funny. I did get out my snowshoes and have taken a few walks down the road with the dogs. It is amazingly beautiful. Hopefully the pictures give you an idea. 

That tree actually fell in our yard. We could hear them cracking and falling the first night. Several landed across our road, but I think our neighbors must have been out there chainsawing them because they aren't blocking anything anymore. The snow is so heavy, and is still on the trees. I wonder if more won't fall before it starts to melt. Maybe I'll get to go skiing another weekend. I'm running out of time before I get too big though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment